- Compensates disturbances caused by variations in fuel moisture content
- Can handle large time constants and long time delays of the boiler
- Predicts combustion power and stabilizes the drum pressure of the boiler
- Enables fast steam load changes of the boiler
- Fast combustion power changes are possible by regulating the primary air
- Invention enables an efficient energy production of a grate boiler. Savings in a small plant can be up to 0.5 million euros per year.
- This invention presents an control strategy for efficient energy production of a grate boiler. In addition to compensating the main disturbances caused by variations in fuel quality such as fuel moisture content, and fuel flow, the fuel bed height of the grate is modeled and monitored.
- Our control strategy invention enables an efficient energy production of a grate boiler. It compensates the main disturbances caused by variations in fuel quality such as fuel moisture content.
- Control strategy utilizes fuel flow and fuel moisture soft-sensors and furnace state estimators to handle the inherent large time constants and long time delays of the boiler.
- Models for fuel bed height, fuel decomposition and water evaporation are used to predict the combustion power and to stabilize the drum pressure.
- In the control strategy, the calculated power is compared with the boiler power demand and the difference is corrected with the fuel supply to ensure that there is enough fuel in the grate for combustion
US 15/104 996
Priority date: Dec. 17th, 2013
+358 50 3397534