- Up to 15% enhancement in yield of solar cell manufacturing
- Simplified manufacturing process
- Reduces material costs
- Allows high boron and oxygen
- concentration without loss in stable efficiency
- CZ-Si solar cells
- Multicrystalline Si solar cells
State of the art solar cells made of Czochralski or high quality multicrystalline silicon suffer from light induced degradation (LID), meaning that their conversion efficiency decreases dramatically when the cells are placed under sun light. Tradeoffs are currently needed to minimize this harmful effect.
Using our technology no such tradeoffs are needed. We provide a method for complete removal of LID that can be easily integrated with any solar cell manufacturing line at almost no extra cost.
Method is tested and verified both in laboratory and pilot Solar Cell manufacturing line.
priority date 30.09.2011
Dr Antti Haarahiltunen, Prof. Hele Savin, Dr Marko Yli-Koski
Department of Micro and Nanosciences, School of Electrical Engineering
Phone: +358 50 594 7050