- Sustainable production of the silk-like proteins
- Green chemistry and processing condition
- Large scale production and purification
- Method can be integrated into the existing machinery
- Strong water based bulk adhesive
- Adhesive fiber
- Film and fiber
- Matrix in composite materials
Our technology produces silk-like proteins that can be used in adhesives and composites. We produce engineered silk proteins in microbes and have found that the silk fiber material functions excellently as an adhesive to make composite materials together with cellulose or other materials. Other applications such as surface films, coatings, fibers are also possible. The production process is straightforward and apart from its excellent function, our method also has the benefit that the process is fully aqueous, with no need for using chemicals to solubilize intermediates.
These silk-based materials show high toughness and forms a new way to sustainable high performance materials.
Priority dates: June 6th, 2017 and Dec. 22nd, 2017
Pezhman Mohammadi, Markus Linder
Mohammadi, Pezhman, et al. Communications biology 1.1 (2018): 86.
Mohammadi, Pezhman, et al. ACS Macro Letters 7.9 (2018): 1120-1125.
+358 50 3397534